Haere Ra

Today we bid a sad haere ra to Virgil Hills, our kapa haka teacher. She is moving to the North Island.

Virgil has expertly guided our kapa haka group on their pathway to becoming a stunning performance team.

My first encounter with Virgil was shortly before my arrival at Waimairi School. She travelled to North Loburn School to help prepare our children for the powhiri ceremony to ‘hand me over’ to Waimairi. Her teaching talents immediately struck me.

Virgil has made a significant contribution to the bicultural dimension of our school through her work with children and staff. Hei konā rā Whaea Virgil.

Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 03:04 PM
Phoebe
The Kapa Haka group has added a new dimension to Waimairi School and Whaea V was a warm and friendly personality who will be dearly missed. I hope a suitable replacement will be found soon so that the work we have done can continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment